Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lychee Hamlet 荔枝莊

SIDNEY SWEET:

I went there on Sunday, April 24, 2011. It's a campers' paradise. There is a small river running through the camp site, where people get fresh water, wash their food and bathe after swimming in the sea nearby. And a small beach as well... as a jetty where people can go swimming. The water is crystal clear and there are lots of trees offering shades in the sun. The camp site is huge. The trees actually partition the site into small plots where different groups can have their own private spaces. Not to mention one or two local stores where people can buy extra food and other stuff. There's one more thing that's not there at your time. By the sea, it's been turned into a 1.2km long swathe of national geological rock formation park 國家地質公園。What more can you ask for in just one place?

LAICHUNGLEUNG:

I remember the place. I went there with my HS friends. It's a bit crazy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any picture?

VL2011

laichungleung said...

Yes, where are the pictures from you VL2011? I demand to see VL2011's D7000 and Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 pictures.

Once upon a time I went there with my high school mates. And if I didn't mix up my memories, I think back then there was this store selling sodas and sundry items and behind the store front, there was this bathroom like a hole in the ground or I think a big container of sort for all the yellow stuff. I think the daughter is called Mary or something. She told us shit about the helicopters going there. Also there was a public bathroom somewhere you don't want to go ... It was absolutely disgusting. I tend to remember all the stomach-churning stuff.

One time it was raining and we headed out to the pier. And I was dozing off in and out of sleep and just we I was "deep" into my sleep, a friend woke me up. And back then I slept at 8PM or something. So I was totally sleep deprived and for the rest of the days I was a living dead, I could only hear one of my friend's voice--everybody sounded like him. It was totally weird.

Anonymous said...

I am still learing. I am a bit slow. I am having particular problems with the self-timer. Sid was equally bad. Regardless of what William has said about the wherabouts of his camera, I found it dangling from his daughter's neck the other day. He was clueless as to how to use it.

VL2011

Sidney Sweet said...

As usual, I didn't take any.

Wolfgang had my camera on that day and he was viewing the rock formations with others while I made the detour to the camp site nearby.

Vince is right. All I can do is set the camera to Auto or No Flash and then fire away, with my hands staying still as much as humanly possible so the camera determines for itself the appropriate shutter speed. I wish I were as agile and shrewd with SLR cameras as I am with English phonetics.

My kids seem to like the Nikon D60 a lot and they fired it up like crazy on our outings.

Sid